2016 Programs, Films & Events - Complete Calendar Coming Soon
2016 Off-Road Racing League Events
The North Face Shaw Bloom Trail 10k/20k - Saturday, March 12, 2016
Marmot Spring Trail Run Series - Thursday nights in May 2016
Chaco Paddle-Fest - Sat., June 11, 2016
Smartwool "Battle the Bluff" Trail Half Marathon - Sat., September 25, 2016
Castlewood 8-Hour Adventure Race - Sat., December 3, 2016
See all previous years' results at the ORRL homepage.
2016 Festivals & Events
Alpine Shop Spring EXPO - March 4-6, 2015 - More Info Here
Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour - March 23 & 24, 2016 - Tickets & Info Here
Alpine Shop SWAP (Spring/Summer Edition) - April 15-17, 2016 - More Info Here
Alpine Shop SWAP (Fall/Winter Edition) - October 21-23, 2016 - More Info Here
Warren Miller's 2016 Film - December 7, 2016 - More info coming soon.
Paddle Sports - New Classes & Dates Being Added Daily
St. Louis-Area Instruction
For beginner-level, on-the-water type introduction to kayaking skills and safety, choose either the Quickstart or QuickstartPLUS. Our Trip N Teach class combines intermediate-level instruction with a short trip on moving water to practice skills.
NEW FOR 2016: Chaco Paddle-Fest - June 11, 2016
DEMO EVENT: You Can Paddle Day at Creve Coeur Park - May 7, 2016
• Kayaking Dry Land Basics - Kirkwood, MO
• Quickstart and QuickstartPLUS Kayaking - St. Louis, MO
• Quickstart Kayaking at Shaw Nature Reserve (Limited Availability!)- Gray Summit, MO
• Trip N Teach Intermediate Kayaking - St. Louis, MO
• Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Classes - St. Louis, MO
• Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Classes at Shaw Nature Reserve in Gray Summit, MO
DEMO OPPORTUNITY: Kayak Demo Nights At Creve Coeur Lake and Simpson Lake
Columbia, MO-Area Instruction - 2016 Dates Coming Soon
• Kayaking Dry Land Basics - Columbia, MO
• Quickstart and QuickstartPLUS Kayaking - Columbia, MO
• Intermediate Kayaking - Columbia, MO
DEMO OPPORTUNITY: You Can Paddle Day - Columbia, MO
O'Fallon, Illinois-Area Instruction- 2016 Dates Coming Soon
• Kayaking Dry Land Basics - O'Fallon, I'll
• Quickstart and QuickstartPLUS Kayaking - O'Fallon, IL
Other Events & Trips - Updated soon!
• Alton to the Arch Paddle Trip
• Ozark Stream Paddle Trips
• Missouri River Paddle Trip
• MR340 Training Series
• Overnight Paddle Trip
• Fall Color Paddle Trips
• Basic Bike Maintenance 101 - Kirkwood, MO
• Hands On Fix A Flat Class - Kirkwood, MO
• Basic Bike Maintenance 101 - O'Fallon, MO
• Hands On Fix A Flat Class - O'Fallon, MO
Events & Rides:
• Tuesday Night Rides - Kirkwood, MO
• Wednesday Night Rides - O'Fallon, IL
Hiking & Backpacking - 2016 Dates Coming Soon
• Nordic Walking - Kirkwood, MO
• Hiking 101: A Beginners Guide - Kirkwood, MO
• Backpacking 101: A Beginners Guide - Kirkwood, MO
• Hiking 101: A Beginners Guide - Columbia, MO
• Backpacking 101: A Beginners Guide - Columbia, MO
• Hiking 101: A Beginners Guide - O'Fallon, I'll
• Backpacking 101: A Beginners Guide - O'Fallon, IL
Events & Trips
• Wildflower Hikes - Columbia, MO
• Adventure Hikes - O'Fallon, I'll
• Beginner's Overnight Backpacking Trip
• Backpacker's Get Out More Tour - Kirkwood, MO
• Backpacker's Get Out More Tour - Columbia, MO
Outdoor Skills- 2016 dates coming soon!
• Map & Compass Navigation Class - Kirkwood, MO
• GoPro Tips & Tricks - Kirkwood, MO
• Orienteering Clinic with Alpine Shop Adventure Racing Team - St. Louis, MO
• Adventure Racing 101: A Beginner's Guide - Kirkwood, MO
Each year we are proud to present high quality programs and events for your enjoyment. We hire the best instructors available and maintain high quality standards to ensure your satisfaction.
This page has information on all non-competitive programs. Our competitive events are hosted under the Off-Road Racing League banner, and more information can be found on the ORRL homepage. Our non-competitive programs feature clinics and seminars to help you improve your outdoor skills and better enjoy your time outside.
About Program and Event Registration:
Registration is required for some programs and is highly recommended for all others. By registering you will be advised of cancellations and changes in a timely manner as well as guaranteeing your space at the event. Registrations are handled via a secure and easy to use on line system. Simply click on the program of interest and you will be taken to the information page and registration site for the event. Once you complete your registration you will be able to print your tickets to be presented at the event.
About Cancellations and Refunds:
If Alpine Shop cancels a program, you will receive a full refund of any fees paid. Most programs require a seven (7) day advance notice if you wish to cancel. No refunds will be made with less than seven (7) days' notice. On some trips and outings, a longer advance notice requirement applies and a processing fee may be deducted from your refund. These policies are included in the Terms & Conditions section of the registration page.
About Our Instructors:
All of our instructors are active participants in the topics they teach. They are all experts in their field and are selected because of their experience and teaching ability.
Recommend These Events To Your Facebook Friends